Friday, November 21, 2008

You are what you read...

The news isn't very good these days... every time I turn on the radio or TV, it's always kind of depressing. And often, even though I'm a business / finance type, I get a little lost when it comes to those "economic indicators" that are so blasted important now. Economics was one of the more fun topics I studied in my MBA program, but certainly not the focus.


This is when it's handy to have a husband who majored in Economics. Not long ago, Don found a great blog that boils these concepts down into something more conversational that I can actually read. If you recognize Paul Krugman, perhaps its because he recently won the Nobel prize for economics... or because he's also Steven Colbert's correspondent on the economy on the Colbert Report.

Krugman is an expert with a sense of humor... and reading his blog is kind of like sitting in on your favorite college professor's class. In any event, I like to take a look at it now and then for an understandable explanation of the indicators they're always talking about on the news.

No comments: