We have been so busy since my last post!!
First I'll update you all on Audrey. She's starting to talk big time! She has so many words and is now putting together phrases and repeating everything we say (or at least trying to). It has been a really fun time to start to see her personality come out even more - even if it brings about new challenges. She's very aware that change is brewing. In the last few weeks she has grown very clingy to me because it becomes harder and harder for me to lift and carry her - and her reaction is to grow even more needy of me. She's always preferred her daddy - so this is kind of nice but I wish she'd have this new found appreciation of me at a time when I could more easliy indulge her. I guess that's the natural way of preparing her for a baby brother or sister though.
We were in Raleigh for a visit a couple of weeks ago, and she started sleeping in Noah's air mattress rather than a pack 'n' play. So we've bought bed rails this week and we've started letting her nap on the bed as a transition out of the crib. It amazes me how much she's changing and how quickly she is becoming a big girl. She likes to say that a lot "Audrey big girl!". She's also started alerting us to when she's pooped in her diaper - though she often tells us her puppy pooped when she needs a diaper change. So this week I also got a little potty which she's totally enamored with. She likes to sit on it and I'm hoping the novelty wears off a little because it is a bit of a play thing now - she thinks its is a fun activity to sit on the potty - I don't really think she's grasping the point yet, but there's still time.
In other big news, Don got a promotion recently and will be heading up a Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) team at Colonial. He's excited about the challenge and we figure that's good because we've decided to stick around Atlanta now and have bought a house in a great school district. The house is a little dated, so we're in the process of a face lift renovation currently... which is extra exciting given that the baby will be here in a few months too. We're going to be down to the wire and hope to be in the new house by May 1.
So far my pregnancy has gone well, but we did find out that the baby is going to have a kidney problem this week. We are hoping for the best now and are just very thankful that it is only one kidney, the other looks perfect. So far the doctors said they would let me go to full term because it is too risky to intervene now or deliver at this point. Right now my C-Section is scheduled for May 29, but I wouldn't be surprised if they move that up to my 37th week because I'll be considered full term then. If they do, maybe I'll ask if we could do it on Dad's birthday - that would be a little silver lining to the drama. For now we're just staying positive and following all of our doctors advice.
Well, enough drama... I'm excited to show some photos of the house and our progress. A renovation has been stressful, but mostly for Don - he's being nice and doing most of the legwork and letting me focus on picking colors, floors, lighting, etc. (you know, the pretty fun shopping part of a reno). :) I'll make a separate post with those pics, but here are some good ones from this month of Audrey.
Saturday, March 16, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment