I just wanted to make a post to share some of the things Audrey is up to and saying lately. This has kind of become my shortcut baby book for them both, as I regularly look back to posts in the summer of 2011 to see what Audrey was doing at Emery's age.
So to give you all an update on what 2 year old Audrey is up to lately, she's gotten quite verbal. We definitely have to be careful of what we say and find ourselves spelling a lot. That's entertaining for Don because I'm such a bad speller too! Though she was a shy baby, Audrey is pretty outgoing. This summer we've had a million vendors through the house to get everything set up, and she's fairly social with them. I thought she was going to fall to pieces the other day when the electrician, Mr. Wayne, walked in the house with a light on his head. He made an impression right away. Audrey walked around all day talking about him (even if she called him Mr. Wilber because she's mixing him up with Wilber the pig from Charlotte's Web). At church, she's a little offended if the adults shake Don's hand or mine and then don't turn to her. When that happens, she steps up and puts her had out until she is recognized and gets to shake hands.
The other day, I took the girls to get their photos done at JC Penny. It was kind of a fiasco, we got there at 10am sharp for our appointment, on a rainy day, and waited for the people ahead of us to finish only to find out they didn't have our name on the schedule. So I had no choice to but to put us on the schedule for the next morning and bring them back again.
Not wanting to make the trip a total loss - I stopped into a children's clothing store to pick up some fall clothes for Audrey. I told Audrey to stay by me if she wanted to be out of the stroller, and to my surprise, she quickly accepted and walked right over to the sale rack where I was looking at clothes. For the next 10 minutes she shopped next to me, pulling things out that she liked and asking "Oh, this is cute, hugabout this one mom?" (Translation: how about) I didn't know whether to just enjoy our first shopping trip, or panic that she seems to have the Busekist shopping gene. I was even more shocked when she listened to me if I said she had to put it back. She wanted a little dress that reminded me on Madonna in the 80's, it had a cat face on it and a leopard pint tutu skirt. I said no to that one and she put it back.
Now that I've done her good behavior justice, I suppose I better fess up that she did have an absolute meltdown on the way to the car. She was dancing on one of those floor pads that lights up with interactive pictures of fish, soccer balls, etc. She played on it for about 10 minutes, but didn't want to leave when I said it was time to go. She kicked and screamed and put up a great fight. When I finally got her back to the car and in her car seat, I turned to load the stroller and noticed she had put one of the shirts I told her she couldn't buy in the bottom. It was full price so I told her to put it back - I guess she didn't listen. She was way more advanced at shopping than I thought. Needless to say the next day when we went back for our photos, I had to take the shop lifted shirt back and explain that my 2 year snuck it into the stroller. They got a laugh out of it, thankfully. I think it will be a while before she goes shopping with me again. I may have created a little monster!
Saturday, August 10, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment