Thursday, January 12, 2017

Tooth day

It was a big day today. Audrey has lost her bottom front teeth recently, but today she lost her first tooth. It was a split double tooth in the front. Her first dentist named it her fancy tooth. When I first saw it popping out of her gums as a baby I was worried, worried that kids would make fun of her, worried that her permanent tooth would be missing or also doubled.







Earlier this year, after recurring x-rays, the dentist told me the adult tooth was normal. Then, all of a sudden this fancy tooth that caused me such worry at first became, sentimental. I started to dread the day she lost it and her sweet, beautiful, unique smile lost that fancy extra tooth.

Today it happened. She wiggled it out herself, and was shocked and excited. And all of a sudden, I realized I wasn't upset. This new smile was every bit as precious as the last one. With a proud, beaming smile like that, how could I be sad?!?! She was even cuter! And then, that lithp! I hadn't even thought of that but she has a big hole now where that double tooth was, so for a little while she is going to have a lisp until it is in! Oh how sweet these days and memories are. They go too fast.


















When he got home, Don said, "Today it happened! January 12th!" And Emery piped right up, "You mean January Tooth, Dad!" Right you are Emery.

January Tooth!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone


No comments: