Sunday, May 11, 2008

ASO in Alpharetta!




Last night we went to see the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra's inaugural concert in their new OTP home - the beautiful new Encore Amphitheater in Alpharetta. Don's company got us tickets to the pre-party as well as the concert and we had a great time.

Beethoven's Ninth and Gershwin's Rhapsody in Blue were two of my favorites! The ASO Choir joined them on Ode to Joy and I won't soon forget it. We had a nice time with his co-workers and their families. The venue is beautiful and they've got quite the schedule for the summer. The Eagles will be there 4 nights this week to kick things off. For those of you thinking of coming for a visit this summer - let us know and we'll hopefully be able to take you to a concert!

We had a nice time and I can't resist sharing this last little tid-bit... just goes to show you can't take me anywhere. I particularly enjoyed watching the AirTran guy walk around the crowd at the pre-party. A far cry from all those slick Delta sponsorships that you see at events all over town - AirTran does things a little more economically I guess. Maybe that's how they keep their prices low. It cracked me up as other guests started teasing this poor man who I guess was handing out advertisements. Priceless!

1 comment:

Chris said...

That's hillarious! I want that job!