Thursday, July 2, 2009

Happy 4th of July!

Can it be July already? Where did the month go?

We've been busy this month working on our yard, Don's got it in great shape and our new grass in the front is looking good. I rearranged the garden this year and moved our hydrangeas along the side of the house next to our path. They will have room to grow there and that opened up a nice sunny spot for our garden next to the patio. This year we planted tomatoes, basil, rosemary, and cucumbers. We've already had three great big cucumbers and they're wonderful! I'm definitely going to have to plant these every year from now on. The tomatoes are a little slow in coming because we planted late, but we should be harvesting them by the end of this month.

We're also playing softball again with Don's work team. We're at the half way point in the season and we're off to the best start ever - undefeated so far. Of course, individually - I'm doing poorly. Last year I couldn't throw. This year, I can't seem to hit. Maybe next year all my old "pony-tail league" skills will come back to me from when I was 12. Don has been hitting really well this year, he has had several Home Runs already. They've started calling him "wheels" on the team - I'm sure you can all guess why. He's been our lead batter two years in a row now because I think no one wants to run the bases ahead of him.

We'll be in town for the 4th of July this year - although we're not marching in the parade. I'm sure Don is relieved! Don's got some golf scheduled this weekend and I'm going to the pool with a friend for the afternoon. It should be a nice, relaxing weekend!

Happy 4th of July!

1 comment:

The Gardner Family said...

I want to make a salad out of your garden ;)