Monday, November 2, 2009

Does anyone read this anymore?

I guess we're going to find out.

So it's been quite a while and I've been terrible about updating our blog. When I sit and think back on what we've been up to, it's hard to come up with a witty story or two, so maybe I'll just do a play by play. At least that will get us current quickly:

Surviving the flood...
Yes, we made it OK. We did come home to find water in our crawl space and had not so fun evening of bailing it out in buckets with a shop-vac, followed by a week and a half of dehumidifying. But compared to our neighbors, many of whom had completely flooded basements, we were lucky.

Beach weekend...
Before September ended, we made a quick weekend trip to Wilmington, for FEI 2009 with Andrea and her friends. Fun was had by all, despite the rain. Thank goodness for all the great food everyone made - without that we might have been a little grumpy!

Birthday Celebration...
Don treated me to dinner at my most favorite restaurant (TDS) for my birthday. I'm so easy to please... I didn't want cake or ice cream, just the salsa trio and the queso with my standard 3 tacos. Heavenly. After dinner we went over to the Miller's, and Jen made me an awesome pound cake - so I got my cake and got to eat it too!

Aches and Pains...
Did I feel any older this year? Well yes. Earlier this month I was suffering from a crick in the neck... I guess it started when I slept on it wrong. But rather than just take it easy and let it heal, I kept re-injuring it over the course of the month. Each time I'd start to feel better, I'd do another activity that re-aggravated it - yoga, running, etc. The worst of it was after Don and I volunteered at the Tree Hug festival at the Nature Center for Rotary. Basically, we were the safety crew as the kids climbed the tree. You know what's not good for an injured neck? Wearing a helmet and looking up into a tree all day. Luckily, I made it to mid-month when we went to Raleigh to visit my family and Andrea fixed me right up with some of her physical therapy magic. Too bad that we decided to jump rope later that night. Great fun, but again, bad for the neck.

Fall's begun...
As the month came to a close we've been busy working in the yard, spending a lot of time in the yard cleaning up our summer garden and planting a few new plants in pretty pots we got on sale. It's rained a ton here lately, actually the wettest October on record in quite some time, so that's meant we had a lot of yard work to catch up on. Don's also been traveling more for work this month - not something always enjoys, but he's toughing it out in Scottsdale for a few days at a golf resort. I kid - it's not all that glamorous. He'll come home early for another road trip to somewhere in Mississippi before the week's over. Hopefully that will be the last of his travel for a while though... fingers crossed.

This month we're looking forward to visits with both of our families, and of course Thanksgiving. I'll try to be more regular with the blog and keep up better through the holidays!

5 comments:

The Four Nguyens said...

I read your blog! I've been bad, too.

Stacy said...

We read it too!

suzz said...

I'm one of your followers and I'm so glad to see you catching up! I miss it when you don't write :(

Chris said...

I read it! Thanks for posting! I know it takes time, but it's great to hear how you guys are doing.

The Smiths said...

I don't read it, I just like the pictures. -Just Kidding!!! We can't wait to see you guys this month!