Sunday, November 29, 2009

Gardner pre-Thanksgiving

Aaron, Aunt Jenny, Peter, and Uncle Donald
Peter earns his room and board...

An Uncle Donald-sarus!

Having fun with Uncle Donald
Peter is getting so big and we were both amazed at how verbal he is! He has so much to say! And Aaron just learned to walk so we were thrilled with getting to see him learn to run with his big brother. He was such a sweetie!

We thought we'd give the boys a treat and headed to the children's museum on Saturday. They had a ball - and I'd have the pictures to prove it if I hadn't forgotten my camera. Hopefully Jill will post a few on her blog so that you all can see. Peter especially liked the fishing, Curious George exhibit, painting station, and of course the trains!! They each even got to hold a parrot!

That night we decided to treat everyone with a pizza pajama party! After eating dinner, we all changed into our PJ's and watched Monsters vs. Aliens. The boys had fun, and thank goodness we put the blanket down. I think more popcorn ended up on the floor than in our mouths.
Movie Night!

I forget which night it was, but we also took advantage of the warm weather and went to play in the leaves one evening. Peter and Aaron had great fun and thought that their Uncle Donald was some kind of superhero because of his cool leaf blower. We got some great play time that afternoon as the pictures show.
Blow the leaves our way Uncle Donald!




When it was time for the crew to head home, we gave Peter one final treat - a train ride. He could hardly contain himself! The whole time we rode he would shout to everyone on our car, "Go Murdoch - Go!" Murdoch is his favorite engine from the Thomas the Train cartoon I guess. And conveniently, it sounds a little like MARTA - our transit system.
Peter spots the train arriving...
What an exciting afternoon. We hated to reach the final destination and wave goodbye at the security gate. Thank you Brett and Jill for bringing the boys down - we will treasure these memories for sure!

3 comments:

The Four Nguyens said...

How cute!!! Both of them!!! And you and Don with them!!! Looks like everyone had a lot of fun. I like the pic where Peter (I think) is learning to Swiffer!

suzz said...

I love your blog! Those boys are sooooo cute. Your house looks great too. I can't wait to see the finished product next visit!

The Gardner Family said...

Nice Post Jen - Can you send me the pictures? I would love to order some! Your camera takes much better pictures than ours does :)

Can't wait to see you guys again in a couple weeks!