But first, our holiday wrap up. We had the best time in DC visiting Don's family for the holidays this year. We toured the mall and Smithsonian museums with his parents, had a great Italian meal at his grandparents, and got to see his precious nephews of course. We also got a chance to catch up with the Gasque's and really enjoyed meeting their new little boy, Chase.
My cousin Ryan was in town for New Year's and we had a great visit. To make up for the kind of failed coffee cake I tried to make at home, we took him out for dinner to Relish, always a favorite among our guests. We spent New Year's eve with the Desai's, Withers, and friends and had a superb chicken marsala dinner followed by game night!
The following weekend Sarah and I threw a baby shower for Sam. The shower was a success, much to my amazement. I think everyone had a good time, especially Sam and her mom - which was our goal! Sarah's posted some pictures I think on her FB page and I think she tagged me so if you want to see a few check out my page. I forgot my camera the day of, so no pictures unfortunately.
Unfortunately I had some unexpected travel just after the shower. My grandfather passed away and I headed home to Nebraska for a few days. We will all really miss him and I know it must have made him happy to that so many people gathered to say goodbye to him that week.
Once back home, I swung back into action to prepare for some house guests. We hosted two international exchange students for a Rotary weekend. Johanna was from Denmark, and Joanna was from New Zealand. These girls were both amazing - very cheerful and friendly. After they toughed it out in some pretty long lectures both days, we decided they needed a treat and took them to Cafe Intermezzo for a much needed late night dessert. It was so nice to meet them both and we always enjoy taking part in this exchange weekend.
The month is coming to a close now... we've finally had a couple of slower weekends and have been able to catch up on some much needed work around the house. We also made it to the mall last weekend and we got Don's belated Christmas gift, an I-Phone. Yes, he's an I-phoney now.... He loves it and I'm glad that the gift was worth the wait! So this weekend, he's been playing with his phone while I've been reading, knitting (a hobby I just picked up), and trying to get some R&R.
We're looking forward to February. We plan to take long a weekend away in Jekyll Island so we're both really looking forward to that. Have a great month everyone!
2 comments:
Wow, you guys had a crazy month! I know your exchange students must have loved their experience with you two.
Okay Don, let's fire up that I Phone & prove you can use it. We want some pictures on this blog!
I've been waiting for the new post! Knitting huh?!? Hopefully we'll see you soon-at least once in February!!
Post a Comment