Tuesday, December 22, 2009

'Tis the Season...

It's hard to believe that Christmas is finally here. I hope you all have safe travels, and a wonderful holiday.

In the spirit of the season, CNN has a story posted today about a really neat website today. As I was reading the story, I knew I had to pass it on. It works kind of like Kiva, the micro lending site, except with donations. Modestneeds.org is a site where people with short term financial needs can post their request for help. When you visit the site you can read their stories and if you decide, give a small donation to someone you'd like to help. What a way to show that a little act of kindness can go a long way. This is definitely something I'll be sharing with the third graders I visit each month.

Merry Christmas everyone!

1 comment:

suzz said...

What is the website? Did I miss that part?

I loved your Christmas Card! Beautiful picture!