Monday, March 14, 2011

Baby Shower by Leigh & Annie

After Asheville, we headed to Raleigh for a baby shower thrown by Leigh and Andrea.  Both Annie and Leigh went to great lengths to make sure the event was special, and boy was it! They were careful to plan every detail and I am still in disbelief at how nice everything was, the food, the activities, and especially the company.
I had a big surprise as several of my aunts and cousins made the trip to come to the shower from Colorado, Nebraska, and South Dakota.  Not only that, but Don's brother and sister in law brought the whole family and his cousin Danielle tracked us down despite the change in location.  It was such a special event to have so many good friends and family members wishing us well.  My favorite part was the group gift - they all spent the afternoon making a baby scrap book for me! Each guest made a page for a special "first" that our baby will experience (first steps, first haircut, first Easter, first Christmas, etc.).  I was so touched and I'll always look at it and think of all the special people in my life that helped make those pages so beautiful!  The best part is, I don't have to be creative for a whole year! I can just paste my photos in and write little notes of all the momentous occasions in our baby's first year.

Thanks to everyone who joined us to make this a day I'll never forget!

1 comment:

The Smiths said...

We had so much fun palnning and putting this event on for you! Hopefully it will make up for travel restictions when baby G gets here. We will have to skype!