Sunday, May 15, 2011

Cool Weather, made to order!

I have been dreading my last month of pregnancy in Atlanta, because I knew it would be hot, hot, hot!  The past week or so it has been nearly 90 and I'm starting to really swell in the heat.  But I was determined that Don and I should get in a few outings that we may not be able to do as easily once the baby arrives.

Top on my list was to visit the Atlanta Botanical Gardens. This was one of our first dates, when we went to see "Chihuly in the Garden" one beautiful fall night 5 years ago.  This month is "Gourmet in May" - a month long exhibit where they have guest cooks come and do cooking shows in their outdoor kitchen next to their edible garden.  Fate was on my side when our apartment complex made this the cultural event of the month - they reimburse tenants for the price of admission all month.  So heat or not, we decided to go this weekend.

To my surprise, a cold front moved in on Friday, and yesterday and today have been unseasonably cool.  In fact, today was overcast with an expected high of maybe 70 degrees, though so far it hasn't gotten above 67.  So right after church we scooted right over to the gardens, to take advantage.  We had the most relaxing, lovely afternoon.  This is definitely a place we'll enjoy bringing our little one, and if any of you come to visit, make sure we take you there... it has to be one of the most beautiful places in Atlanta.

Here are our pictures, enjoy!

















1 comment:

The Four Nguyens said...

Awww....you look so pretty! I'm glad you got to go...looks beautiful. Next time, you can push a stroller through!