Sunday, October 13, 2013

Bugs!

Lately we have really noticed that Audrey has a sharp sense of humor. Don likes to mess with her and tell her we are going to eat "bugs" for dinner. Audrey thinks this is pretty funny and gets that it is a joke when he says it. So she feels free to beat him at his own game and make him laugh a lot.

For example, Don has been teaching her right and left as they drive to school. Only, Audrey has decided that left is "spiders" and right is "bugs". So this weekend we were all in the car headed to the park and Don says, "Audrey, which way am I turning?" And without missing a beat she says, "Spiders".

Then today, on the way home from church she wanted to listen to James Taylor, one of our favorite CD's. Suddenly we notice her ad libbing the lyrics to Sweet Baby James, singing, "...deep greens and bugs (blues) are the colors I choose..." She actually does this a lot, and she usually slips it in pretty well too.

I had to make a post about it because I am sure this is one of those little phases that we may forget someday, so I wanted to record it.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: