Well so far so good - I may be jinxing myself posting tonight, but this week is off to a great start. We've done some errands, gotten along pretty well, and even met enough neighbors to get invited to a play group today. Audrey made fast friends with the little girl that invited us over, and they were crying when we had to go because they didn't want to leave each other.
I think we may just make a go of this! I met some wonderful moms in the neighborhood today, got a glowing review of Audrey's new teacher at her new school (we start in mid-August), and we're going to join the Y. I'm really feeling blessed that we seem to have landed in a family friendly community now that I'm staying home full time.
Next week we're all very excited to go visit both our families (Don's for a week with a couple days with mine on the front/back end). We don't get to see Don's family enough, so that is already very exciting for us, but as an added bonus we will get to meet a new cousin on my side too, Elle Kathleen Smith. Yes, my sis finally had a little girl and the whole Smith/Shafer clan is very excited to meet her.
Tuesday, August 5, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment