This is a little late - but we wanted to share how our holiday went last weekend. We celebrated the 4th in Atlanta again, taking part in our local 4th of July Parade. We walked with my Rotary club's float and got to hand out plastic cups, beaded necklaces and candy to the kids along the way. It was fun and not too hot, luckily our float was #25 of 125, so we started and ended early compared to those at the back of the line!
After the Parade we came home to clean and get some food prepared for the evening. We had some friends over for a barbeque & drinks that evening. The rest of the weekend was pretty relaxed. Don worked quite a bit on OoRah! and is happy to report they've had great month! I decided to spend most of Saturday reading on the screened in porch. Funny how just sitting outside makes me feel like I'm on a vacation!
We were able to enjoy a few fresh tomatoes from our garden this week as well - I think we're going to have to get creative about what we use them for because we're getting 3-4 ripened each week now. The peppers aren't really thriving and I've thought they might be a bust, but we've had a lot of rain this week so maybe they'll come around.
We hope you all had a happy holiday!
No comments:
Post a Comment