Every now and then I like to pass on tips about good books I've read. This month my book club picked a pretty popular book, A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini. The story is told from the vantage point of two different Afghan women and takes place over a 30 year period, from the 1970's to the early 2000's.
What a story! If you haven't read this book you should. I am so glad that I took the time to read this story. It is by the same author as The Kite Runner, so that will be next on my list...
Wednesday, February 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
We read this for my book club, and we all LOVED it!
Another one you might like is Beneath a Marble Sky. It's historical fiction about the emperor's daughter - a very strong woman - during the building of the Taj Mahal. The scenery is breathtaking (even though, or maybe because, it's words).
Post a Comment