Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Cool Website

A few weeks ago, we were watching one of our favorite TV Shows, Sunday Morning on CBS. They did a story about a cool new website for all kinds of home made products. Etsy is only 2 years old and apparently it is catching on quick.

After seeing the story, I went to check it out on the web. There are lots of neat products: paintings, jewelry, clothes, stationary, etc. The other day at work, I commented on a co-worker's new purse and came to find out she got it on Etsy. Apparently she's known about the site for a while now and she taught me a few tricks...

If you find an item you like, you can click on their "shop" to see all their items. You can then save them to your favorite artists/shops. Also, some artists will create customized items... so if you want to order clothes, you can send them your measurements etc. I guess I figured those that make clothes would do this, but you can actually order custom art, jewelry, etc. this way as well.

The best part about all of this is that a lot of these items are pretty inexpensive since they're home made. I've really enjoyed exploring the website lately, so I thought I'd share. Enjoy!

2 comments:

The Four Nguyens said...

Cool website! I just ordered a pair of earrings. Shopping on a computer is dangerous! Thanks for sharing.

The Gardner Family said...

I have a few friends (fellow crafters) with their stuff on their. I will find their links and send!