Monday, May 4, 2009

Asheville Girls Weekend



This past weekend I went to Asheville with Mom and Andrea for a girls weekend.  While our lazy rafting trip was not to be (darn rain) we managed to have a great time anyway. 

On the first night we headed into Asheville to enjoy a great restaurant I discovered there a few years ago.  Salsa's is a Caribbean restaurant that the locals love and we had a wonderful dinner and great mojitos!  After dinner, we browsed some antique shops and then found ourselves in the town square where there was an impromptu community gathering.  We hear that whenever the weather is nice, people from all over the city come to the city center to play drums and dance together. It was an unorganized event and full of colorful characters. Andrea took the pictures that night so I'll direct you to her blog for those!

The next morning we took a walk on the grounds of the Biltmore Estate, where we were staying thanks to Mom. This was the highlight of the trip and our accommodations really made the trip.  Here are some of our highlights. We had a great time and I can't wait to do it again ladies!



Needless to say Mom took this when we weren't looking...






Until next year ladies!

1 comment:

The Smiths said...

I love our weekends too! I had a great time! Send me the pictures!