Thursday, May 14, 2009

End of the Year


Well it is the end of another school year.  This was my second year doing Character Education for the third graders at the nearby elementary school.  Last year Don and I got the kids arm bands as an end of year gift.  My club liked the idea so much they decided to sponsor a gift for the kids this year.  Of course, when the Rotary club springs for the gift, it is a little more educational.

The kids seemed to love the gift, each one received their own Dictionary to take home. I was kind of surprised at what a big hit it was.  I'm going to miss these kids, they were a good group. 


2 comments:

The Four Nguyens said...

Great gift idea! The kids look pumped in the photo, too. As a former teacher, I have to say the most hilarious part is the teacher in the background who is CLEARLY saying, "SHHHHH!" I know they must have been really excited!

The Smiths said...

That is fantastic. Those kids were lucky to have you. Your lesson plans were so creative and fun- you should keep doing this! I just have one question, did Rotary also spring for a Dictionary for you? It may help your mad scrabble skills!