Monday, July 22, 2013

Sleeping through the night...almost!

I have been delaying making this post because I thought as soon as I publish it, she would stop. But, for posterity's sake, I can delay no longer. Emery is such a great sleeper, in fact she's almost sleeping through the night. From the time we brought her home from the hospital, we were doing a late night feeding around 10 or 10:30, then going to 3:30, then 6am.  However, after her one month appointment and her weigh in, I decided to stop waking her for the 10:30 feeding to see what happened.

Now, we put her to bed sometime around 6:30 or 7pm and she sleeps until 3 or 4 in the morning. I know that's still annoying for me to get up for a feeding, but that's 8 or more hours!  I think Audrey was 3 or 4 months old before she was sleeping this long. She's gradually starting to go a little longer too. Today it was almost 5am when she stirred for a feeding.

Emery is really such a great baby - and her sleep schedule has made the adjustment to two kids a nice one for us. I won't say we didn't have an adjustment period, but I think we're settling into a nice routine for just under 2 months old.  So far, she is very easy going and patient, and doesn't cry often unless she's in the car or ready for bed.  Audrey doesn't know how lucky she is to have had such a quiet and happy baby sister!


No comments: