This weekend some friends of ours invited us to a KT Tunstall concert at the Atlanta Botanical Gardens. I'm not sure I've ever been to such a nice event. We got there early, ate dinner on the lawn, and enjoyed a great show from the front row. (When I say front row, I mean front row of blankets and lawn chairs...) If you've ever been to the Botanical Gardens, you know that the lawn isn't very big - this was definitely a smaller venue and it was so nice to sit in a garden surrounded by beautiful flowers and art and get to enjoy some great music.
I have to admit, Don and I had trouble naming more than 2 KT Tunstall songs before the concert. Although, I think after this show we're definitely going to purchase her CD. For several of her songs, she created a one woman band/chorus using some kind of keyboard that recorded her singing and allowed her to layer her voice over and over... it's hard to describe, but if you're curious, go to youtube.com and check it out. She's very talented.
We decided we'll be heading back to the gardens again soon. They have a very interesting exhibit right now, a kinetic art exhibit. Throughout the garden are all sorts of sculptures that move in the wind. It's basically a scattering of beautiful mobiles throughout the landscaping. Don and I haven't been to the gardens since our first fall in Atlanta, and so we're going to keep this at the top of our must see list for the remainder of the year.
Sunday, August 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment