We celebrated the holiday a little early this past weekend. Our friends, the Millers, had a costume party on Saturday night. Jennifer, ever the talented baker, came up with some really creative snacks for the party. I was so impressed with her Oreo Eye Balls that I had to take a picture!

First I thought we'd go as Joe Six Pack and a Hockey Mom.... but on Saturday morning when it came time to get our costumes together, Don got cold feet. I can't blame him either, neither of us was very anxious to dress in political costumes at a party with a bunch of lawyers. Finally we decided on the above costume - after searching for Don's hat at about 4 different stores. (I don't know if you can tell what we were because it's hard to see his hat - we were Gilligan and the Skipper.)
All the effort was worth it, because there was a bucket of shame with some funny costumes for those that didn't dress up. We had a fun time and saw some cute costumes. The Millers came as a policeman and prisoner, and another couple came as Clark Kent and Lois Lane - which we both thought was a great idea... Now we're all ready for Friday, Happy Halloween!
No comments:
Post a Comment