... even when it's a teeny, tiny, bathroom! This past weekend Don and I volunteered for a day of service at the local Nature Center just down the street from our neighborhood. The Nature Center is a wonderful asset to our community, and hosts all kinds of events for kids and families throughout the year.When we signed up, I thought we'd be spreading mulch all day - just like every other Hands on Atlanta service day I've been involved with. But not this weekend, this weekend everyone was inside painting. And my friend Paul had an assignment ready for Don and I when we arrived.
Paul: Are you both ready to paint?
Don & Jen: Yep!
Paul: How long have you two been married?
Don: (Looks at Jen) Two Years?
(Just kidding, he knew - our anniversary is right around the corner!)
Paul: (Looks kind of worried) Hmm... have you ever painted together before?
Jen: (Laughing) Yes, we have... we've gotten that behind us now...
Paul: Great - you're both doing the little bathroom then!
Once we saw the room, I could see why Paul was teasing us. There was just enough room to sit on the toilet, stand, wash hands and leave this tiny little room. And oh joy - I discovered that the nature center is home to all kinds of creepy crawly spiders and their little webs. But Don and I persevered, with minimal bickering I have to say. We've done a couple of painting projects now and are good at keeping out of each other's way. Don just owes me dinner for doing the wall below the sink, and the wall behind the toilet!
You can see that they went with a very strategic color for this little bathroom, which we decided must be where the little kids go!

No comments:
Post a Comment