To our frustration, we discovered that Atlanta doesn't really have public dumps. So we spent a good 30 minutes this morning on Google Maps looking for private landfills in our area. We were both getting pretty frustrated as we began to realize that we'd be driving a good 30 minutes away, and then - if we were LUCKY, we were going to have to pay $50 to get rid of these things! We finally got a hold of one of them, and as Don was calling to confirm their hours, one of the "reviews" for this particular dump caught my eye. It started: I've been to a lot of recycling centers in my day...
I don't know why, but I was curious. First of all, who would leave a review for a landfill? And second, who really frequents them like that? So I clicked to read the full review:
I've been to a lot of recycling centers in my day, but this place was was great. I mean, the way they treat your junk is amazing. When you drop your load, you really feel like it is going to a better place.
All of a sudden we were silent, reading - then we both broke out in laugher.
2 comments:
This made my day too. Absolutely hillarious!
I was catching up on your blogs today (G, S, & N) and loved the one about the recycling center. It made my morning! But, it was not clear to me ... did you drop your load during or after your fit of laughter!
Post a Comment