The past few weeks have been busy for the Gulf Coast. As our trip to the beach drew closer, we started to worry that perhaps our summer vacation was going to be a bust due to the numerous hurricanes that have hit the east cost this past month. As it turned out, Hurricane Hanna is the only one that really threatened the trip, as it moved right through Wilmington the weekend after Labor Day.
Don and I set out for Raleigh last Friday night to try to get into NC before the storm hit. We had a pretty easy drive, until the very end when the rain got so hard, we had to slow to 50mph on I-40. Luckily, that only happened right as we were entering RTP. We made it to Raleigh at about 2am Saturday morning and then woke to a beautiful day since the storm moved through so quickly.
In fact, the weather was so nice, Don and I were able to go to the first NCSU home game with Dad. We had a good time - especially since it turned out to be a WIN. Don had never been to Carter Finley Stadium, and I hadn't been in quite a while - so we were both impressed with the new Press boxes, big screens, and new seating on both end zones. As the "Pre-Game" hype started, Don was pretty impressed when 4 fighter jets did a fly by over the stadium. I couldn't resist telling him that at State, we like the planes to fly over our own stadium before the game...
Sunday we had brunch with the Heltons and then had a quick visit at the Nguyen home. Sarah & Chi were hard at work in the yard, so we didn't stay long. But we did have just enough time to catch Thomas in his fireman outfit and see Ben's "Leggo Registry". We'll have to make a longer visit next time.
No comments:
Post a Comment